Saturday 19 October 2013

Venice Day 3-4

25 - 26 August 2013

Day 3: Another lazy day
After the 2 week tour I felt like doing nothing for a bit (I am on holidays after all) plus I needed to catch up on the blog because I hadn't done a thing for it over the whole tour. I spent most of today in the common room working on my blog and helping people with the WiFi password that both was badly written on the wall and extremely long.

The day of blogging was broken up by chatting to an Aussie, a Kiwi and a girl from Philadelphia as well as three separate trips to the supermarket. I went to the supermarket for myself the first time, then I showed some of the others where it was the second time and the final time was a beer run.

In the evening we sat out on the balcony and enjoyed some beers while it bucketed down with rain. It was a day of doing hardly anything and I really loved it.

Day 4: Where next?
After recovering from my low point I was ready to head off to the next city, but where exactly was that? I was torn between heading west through Italy, up into Switzerland, Belgium and finally Netherlands (again) or going east through the Bulkans. My Intrepid tour leader gave the Bulkans a great review and I'd had Split and Dubrovnik in Croatia recommend by quite a few people but the deciding factor was money. I'd burned through quite a lot of money in the first part of my travel and if I was going to keep the trip going for as long as planned, I really needed to start living cheaper so that was the deciding factor for heading east.

I spent the morning finding hostels and a bus to Ljubljana, Slovenia and then I was off. I'll consider the bus ride to Ljubljana as part of the Ljubljana blog post so to be continued...

A tequila mixer at the supermarket. We thought it was a carton of tequila at first.
Sorry, I don't have another other photos seeing as I didn't do much.

No comments:

Post a Comment