Monday 24 June 2013

What's next (as of mid-June 2013)

So I thought it might be a good idea to keep people updated of where I'm off to next. I'm in Le Mans train station at the moment, having just returned from the Le Mans 24hr race (the blog about this is coming).

Paris
I'm catching the train back to Paris where I'll be for one night. This is purely to split up the travelling that I have to do.

Nice
From Paris, I catch the TGV down to Nice where I'll spend 6 nights. The train trip is about 6 hours and the first class tickets were cheaper than second class so I'll be high roller-ing it in first class. I'll be having a look at what Nice has to offer, making a day trip to Monaco and hopefully having a chance to relax in some sunshine and maybe have a swim if the water is warm.

Barcelona
I think every person I've spoken to has either been to Barcelona or is going so I have to go to see what all the fuss is about. I'm flying (with Veuling) from Nice to Barcelona and I'll be there for 5 nights. I've had lots of thing recommended to me plus my favourite free walking tour company operates in this city so I'll have lots to do.

Madrid
I catch the Renfe train to Madrid where I'll be spending 4 nights. I picked it because it was big enough to show up on Google Maps but I'm sure there'll be plenty to keep me busy there.

London
I catch an EasyJet flight back to London (Gatwick) where I'll stay with my cousin for a night.

Goodwood Festival of Speed
The next day I grab my Wicked Camper from London city, it's going to be an interesting drive getting out of there, and drive down to Goodwood in the south of England. I'll be there for the weekend then I drop the campervan back in London town before spending another night with my cousin.

Sifnos
It's back to the airport where I'll catch an overnight flight with British Airways to Athens, then bus it to Pireaus and catch the ferry out to Sifnos island. I'll be staying with Dutch family out here and no doubt there'll be eating, drinking, swimming and siestas. I haven't booked anything after this but I'll probably be here for just over a week then head back to Athens for a look.

If you have any suggestions of things to do in any of these places, let me know because I don't want to miss out on the good bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment